You’re not alone.
According to the woman dubbed ‘Australia’s thriftiest mum’, Jody Allen, there is PLENTY we could be doing to save money – and lower our necessary costs.
Take your laundry powder for example. Once you get your laundry powder, your specialist stain removal and fabric softener – you’re looking at like $40 every couple of months – and that’s if you opt for mid-to-low range brands.
Allen however, knows what you should do.
She told the Daily Mail that her laundry powder recipe will cost you just six dollars – and last you the ENTIRE year – possibly even beyond.
‘I worked out I would spend $18 a week on washing powder and now I can make a year’s worth for $6 using LUX soap flakes, bi-carb soda and eucalyptus oil,’ said Allen.
‘You have to mix it batches and beat it like a cake, but it makes up to 26 litres.’
DIY Laundry Powder recipe
– 700g box LUX soap flakes
– 1 cup bicarb soda
– 2-3 drops of eucalyptus or tea tree oil
– Put soap flakes, bi-carb soda and oil into a 25L bucket
– Add 1L boiling water
– Using a bamix blender, blend the mix well and leave overnight.
– Next day the mixture should be gloopy and thick.
– Add two litres of boiling water
– Blend again and sit
– Use just ONE teaspoon per wash.
Suitable for both top and front loaders!
Source: Daily Mail